Big Band recording with Al Schmitt
Talking to Al Schmitt about the setup. Al has won 23 Grammy Awards for his work with Henry Mancini, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Steely Dan, Toto, George Benson, Diana Krall, Ray Charles,...
Scars On Louise
"No way out" out now! Produced, mixed and mastered by: Dany Gallo / Studio W59D
Ladies' Fantasies Club
are Jean-Yves Szmida (vocals, acoustic guitar, bass) and Joshua Cremer (drums). The track "Something's wrong" has been tracked, mixed and produced by Dany Gallo. Genre: Acoustic-Rock, Alternativ-Pop, Singer/Songwriter
Second single "Hats" - Tracking, producing and mixing @ Studio W59D
I don't consider myself to be the best... and I don't like compliments... they distract me. - Jimi Hendrix -
The ability to trust your instincts takes a long time to master. - Bruce Swedien -
I haven't understood a bar of music in my life, but I have felt it. - Igor Stravinsky -
Your best mixes are going to come from the best productions, and the best productions from the best songs. - Mixerman -
The true artist knows he is unlike other people and, ultimately, must walk this road alone. - Michael Beinhorn-
L'Arbre et la Fleur - Die Blume und der Baum
Poetic dance theatre for children 5 years and over.
Music by Viola Kramer and Dany Gallo. Mixed by Dany Gallo
Software Beta Testing for
In the past I've been a Beta tester for SSl, Sonarworks and FAC. Exciting!
DOSSEH - Promesses (ft. VR)
Music GRTZKY - Arrangements Redrumusic - De Paul Benyx Films
Mixed by Dany Gallo
Out of Control - First single and video. Mixed and produced @ Studio W59D
Second single and video
Tracked, mixed and produced by Dany Gallo
Tracking Moad @ Studio w59d
Papa t'es là. New Domguè track from Liège.
New track "Don't lie to me". Recorded and produced by Noisefloor and Dany Gallo.
Groove Metal - Alternative Metal - Hardcore - Nu Metal Band
A Corps et à Choeur
CD presentation in Recht.
All images, sounds and videos appearing on the web site www.danygallo.com are the exclusive property of the legal owner and are protected under the International Copyright laws.
New single release from the Novotones. Mixed and produced @ Studio W59D
ANDREW SCHEPS & DANY GALLO
Mix with the Masters with Andrew Scheps (Adele, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jay-Z, Kid Rock, Linkin Park, Lana Del Rey, Black Sabbath,...)
DOMGUÈ FEAT. SHANA MPUNGA
Rosa - "Liège contre le racisme"
Written and Produced by Domguè/Shana Mpunga/Dany Gallo
Mixed by Dany Gallo
Play - featuring Devota. Kaikrizz has already performed on an international level alongside Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike, Bob Sinclar and Yves V.
Mixed and produced @ Studio W59D
MARIE DE CONDE
Les amours de passage
© Mariam Camara, Bernard Cotroux, François Laurent, Iza Loris, Philippe Reul
Mixed by Dany Gallo
Brussels based project. Tracked & Mixed @ Studio W59D
So you want to work with me?
- Take your ego off the table. I'm a team worker.
- Making a record is not an accident.
- If your skills are mediocre you will need an extraordinary amount of luck to be continually successful. No one has that much luck.
- Discipline is the most important value to focus creative energy.
- A hit is not a hit because a few people believe in it but because many fans like it.
- A good idea is about ten percent and the rest is hard work.
- If you pretend you can do it, you can do it every day, any time.
- Your vision is based on your absolute and only interpretation. Be open to other peoples interpretations of it.
- Being observed or critiqued will lead to a greater level of creative freedom and expression.
- Sing every day.
- Learn your lyrics don't read them. Don’t be a stranger to your own song.
- Sing for the listeners and don’t loose them for a second.
- Pay as much attention to the way you end words and lines as you do to how they start.
- You are central to the success of the project. Ask most singers about their studio experience and they will tell you that their vocals were done in a rush, late at night. This is about as wrong as you can get.
- Shut up if you can't improve the silence.
- Groove is the air between the notes when you don't play.
- Rehearse each day with a click. Maybe you will not need it in the studio then.
- Come into the studio well rested, clear headed, and ready to work. Recording is a physically and mentally demanding process.
- Don’t invite guests to your sessions. Stay focused on the task at hand.
- Your favourite sound might not help the song. Trust the producer.
"Wise Guys" CD release.
Me, producer/engineer Uwe Baltrusch, Philippe Reul
Modern World Studio UK
Me with producer/engineer Sean Genockey
Die Geschichte vom Fuchs, der den Verstand verlor
Le roi sans royaume / Der König ohne Reich